aunt katie's attic

Pages

Followers

Monday, August 31, 2009

Morning all. I feel refreshed and restored. Last night I travelled back in time to a place I loved to be. As I was preforming the dreaded task of end of month paperwork, I had an epiphany. Why not listen to some music on my computer while I trudge through entries on my spring green Dell? So...off I went to scarf up my daughters pair of booming Bose and plugged them in (with a little help from the hub, as I struggle with electronic devices...) And away I went! I clicked onto Youtube in one tab and travelled back to another era. I dialed up Pat Metheny and Jaco Pastorius, which led to a 2 hour trip down memory lane with my old friend Joni Mitchell. As I clicked away on the keyboard entering figures, my mind was simutaneously transported to my turbulent youth. The emotions of the songs reflecting the memories of my past. The strength and weakness, confusion and flaws ringing out in delicious melody. AAh Heaven. The paperwork is a blur, only the sweet scent of music still lingers.........

No comments: