aunt katie's attic

Pages

Followers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back from blog vacation!

My life has been so full of living, I have simply forgotten to write about it! To my surprise and delight, aunt katie's had been holding her own, during this current economic pickle. I have always believed that keeping the shop's atmosphere colorful, fun and stimulating, with an added bonus of leaving your wallet with enough dough for food on the way home, standard. I have seen so many businesses take the plunge only to take a dive a short while later, due to unrealistic visions of grandeur and short term riches. An old fashioned slow and steady pace, thats the life for me. Since I last blogged, aunt katie's fashionably celebrated her 14th birthday in April, with an annual bash. In June, we hosted our annual outdoor flea market (no rain!!! but hot! I'll take it!). Our dedicated friends at Helping Paws Animal Rescue were there with a few furry friends in tow for a pet adoption clinic. We had an eclectic mixture of vendors who were selling like crazy!
A wonderful day for all, with the added bonus of no days end monsoon. This fall we have many plans in the pot for displays and new merchandise coming out of the deep freeze. Keep your eyes peeled and your hearing aid turned up. Oh my my creative juices are flowing............

No comments: