aunt katie's attic

Pages

Followers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday rainy Sunday.

Today the most interesting thing that happened was, as I was picking home grown Hungarian peppers from my garden, I was assaulted by a bumble bee. No it wasn't viscious, just extremely persistent. To see a grown (?) woman scream like a banshee being actually chased by ths bold little flying creature. I swatted it off my black tee shirt, and it came back. It flew into my hair and hung on for dear life while I howled and maniacally batted it out of my faded red mop. It landed on the dirt driveway and played the role of an injured insect. I felt bad, but also relieved as I returned to my picking when to my absolute surprise...bzzzzzzzzzz right at my head!!! Holy crap it was back with an agenda. Off I ran, wildly swinging my plastic grocery bag as it literally "bee" lined for my head, like something you would see in a cartoon or horror movie. I only hope the neighbors couldn't see and hear me flailing and screaming over this little flying insect in the striped suit. I must have looked like I was having some kind of attack. And the screams..... the bee came still. I swung the bag with one swift move that connected with it's little jet powered body and down it went. I thought, ok it's over.
I walked away, feeling relieved and sad.
I later, out of curiosity, returned the the spot where the bee, who repeatedly invaded my personal space, had fallen from the sky. I was relieved and aware that it was no longer in a disabled state. Oh yes , I had had enough. The garden was his turf for today. I aquiesse, tomorrow is another day.

No comments: